Monday, September 27, 2010 through Wednesday, September 29, 2010
This year’s concurrent sessions provide a combination of current updates, practical analysis, and new insights designed to help you meet today’s challenges — and thrive tomorrow. Return to the office with key strategies you can implement right away and business-building ideas for the coming year. Each session has been carefully chosen to help you turn today’s challenges into tomorrow’s profits.Tuesday 11:00am - 12:00pm Impact of the New Federal Employment Landscape
- Gain new perspective on what the current worker-centric Administration in Washington means for your PEO.
- New Laws: Healthcare reform, the HIRE Act, ARRA (recovery initiatives), and other legislation that directly impacts your bottom line.
- New Regulations: What has happened to implement new laws and changes to existing requirements? Where are old laws getting new regulations?
- Enforcement initiatives: What do increased efforts of wage and hour, OFCCP, NLRB, EBSA, and the IRS mean for PEOs?
Ted N. Kazaglis, Esq., Partner, Jackson Lewis LLP
John M. Polson, Esq., Partner, Fisher & Phillips, LLP
Trends in Workers' Compensation Landscape: Hard Market Ahead?
- Explore market trends in high deductible plans, retrospective plans, and self-insurance.
- Hear how to adjust for trends in obesity, the aging workforce, unsafe driving practices, and more.
- Learn who is writing PEOs – and, what does the future hold for PEOs?
- Understand how PEOs are evaluated and matched with the policy type. How can Risk Management Certification help?
- Find out how the current economy, the recovery, and healthcare reform impact workers’ compensation claims activity.
Carl Kleimann, President, Odyssey One Source
Doug Lilak, President/CEO, SUNZ Insurance Company
Rob Morris, Vice President, Global Corporate Business, Zurich American Insurance Company
New Statistics that Demonstrate the PEO Value Proposition
- See a new "PEO Index," formulated by a Yale faculty member, from a database comprising 2,500 co-employed worksites throughout the United States.
- Gauge the expansion or contraction of worksite size across a broad cross-section of PEOs and service models, using this index.
- Learn how, when compared to DOL unemployment data, the Index can validate the PEO value proposition to small businesses.
- Develop a predictive model for the PEO industry that can help C-level leadership in strategic planning by correlating with GDP data.
Wednesday 9:45am - 10:45am Strategic HR in 2010: How to Sell as a Value-Added Service
- Learn how to develop a new ASO business platform (short-term versus long-term strategies).
- Teach existing and potential clients (and their employees) that PEOs are not just for payroll.
- Discover how to utilize the full talents and capacity of an HR team.
- Debate the strategic HR services clients most value – and how to determine if the value justifies the commitment of resources to deliver them.
Bill Cleary, Vice President, Client Relations, Landrum Human Resources
David F. Jefferson, PHR, Vice President, Operations, Simple HR
Lisa Lickert, PHR, Vice President, Employee Management Services
Opportunities and Pitfalls in Affiliated Entities and Insurance Relationships
- Hear the best opportunities for expanding a PEO's market share.
- Discover how affiliated entities can lead to increased services and profits.
- Learn where the minefields are, how to avoid them, and where to reap the benefits.
- Discover the do's and don’ts for PEOs in these unique relationships.
Tess J. Ferrera, Esq., Attorney, Miller & Chevalier
Healthcare Reform: Digging Through the Details
- Identify the nuts and bolts of Healthcare Reform, and how they impact your PEO.
- Discover the issues that you have to address today or in the coming year.
- Learn what you need to know to be in compliance today – and competitive tomorrow.
- Find out the latest on underwriting, dependent coverage, tax credits, employer mandates, limitations, enrollment requirements and rebates.
William J. Schilling, Esq., General Counsel, NAPEO
Dale Vlasek, Esq., Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC
Unemployment Insurance Reporting Options — Operational and Legal Impacts
- Learn how PEOs are using master-subaccounts for reporting unemployment insurance.
- Gain an understanding of the operational and legal implications of new unemployment insurance requirements.
- Hear which states have adopted this new approach.
- Find out how states going into debt will impact employers and PEOs.
- Learn what steps NAPEO is taking to address the long-term implications of the current unemployment situation on the industry.
Stephen Carter, Sr. Mgr., Gov't Relations, TALX
Susan Dermody, Field Compliance & Product Support Mgr, Paychex Business Solutions, Inc.
Gregory Hammond, Chief Legal Officer & Executive VP, TriNet HR Corporation
Wednesday 11:00am - 12:00pm Human Resources Role in Employment Litigation Management
- Find out how your HR department and your lawyers (internal and external) should work together to limit your company’s liability in today’s storm of employment litigation.
- Learn what impact human resources departments have on the ultimate success (or failure) of the defense of a claim.
- Identify the key do's and don’ts for human resource managers in claims.
- Ensure your PEO is effectively utilizing in-house and outside counsel.
Christina Cordoza, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, TriNet HR Corporation
Amanda Snowden, Esq., General Counsel, Harbor America Holdings Inc.
Industry Market Growth & Penetration: Sharing Best Practices that Define PEO of the Future*
- Learn why the future of the industry is tied to growth (the days of cheap benefits are over!)
- Explore why furthering the industry can't be about 'in-fighting' — and how we can shift the focus to greenfield opportunities
- Get a preview of what PEOs of the future are going to need to look like
Burton Goldfield, President & Chief Executive Officer, TriNet HR Corporation
Barron Guss, CEO, ALTRES
Brent Tilson, President, Tilson HR
* This presentation will build upon Monday's Inspiration Lab of the same title. Attendance at the Lab not required to participate.
A limited number of rooms are still available at the JW San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. They are selling fast, and once they're gone, they're gone! Reserve your room now!
Debating when to arrive? When to depart?
See Wednesday's line up for Seven Reasons You Should Stay through Lunch on Wednesday! (Hint: Our strongest final line up in years, closing out with our Social Technology Strategy Keynote from noted PEO and SEO expert, Scott Klososky — not to mention poolside activities and some of the best golf in Texas!