Overview: The Director of Communications works with other professionals in all areas of the organization, with a particular focus on government affairs, to support and amplify the association’s efforts to create a favorable legislative and regulatory environment for the PEO industry. The Director of Communications will also oversee and manage content on the NAPEO website, conducting monthly reviews and coordinating with subject matter experts to ensure content is up-to-date and relevant. Additionally, the director will manage several key projects related to raising awareness of the PEO industry, including outreach to other associations and to small and mid-size businesses.
- Write, edit, and/or proofread NAPEO member communications on state and federal government affairs efforts, including alerts, meeting notices, PAC communications, and other materials.
- Conduct regular reviews and oversight of the NAPEO website to ensure content is up-to-date and relevant.
- Manage NAPEO participation and exhibits at trade shows.
- Oversee outreach to the trusted advisor community and the development of association partnerships.
- Execute NAPEO strategy related to small and mid-size business outreach and National Small Business Week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a position that included writing, project management, editing/proofreading, and website management.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at all levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write clearly and insightfully about complicated and technical issues.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with website content management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during trade shows, conferences, and other events.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to travel by air, car, or train 3-5 times per year for 1-7 days at a time.