PEOs & Cybersecurity
PEOs depend on the data they maintain for their clients and worksite employees to provide their services. It is important to keep that data secure and private. Unfortunately, this data is also extremely valuable to hackers, thieves, and cybercriminals.
This is why NAPEO formed the Cybersecurity Task Force in late 2017. The task force surveyed all member PEOs in-depth, including questions about their preparedness; their internal resources dedicated to cybersecurity; their awareness about the threat, penalties, and exposure; and their response and recovery plans, training, and testing. After analyzing the survey results and conducting research, members of the task force created, “The Pillars of Cybersecurity for PEOs,” to guide NAPEO member companies through several steps to ensure data security, available to members at www.napeo.org/peo-resources/resources-by-topic/regulations-and-compliance.
This feature complements and expands upon this document:
- Cybersecurity for PEOs: Seven Steps to Get Started
- Cyber-Threat Prevention: The Risk Assessment Process
- Bringing the Risk Assessment into Action in 10 Steps
- Data Privacy and Security: Understanding the Complex Patchwork of Laws and Regulations
- Cyber Insurance: Providing a Backstop for Your Cyber Risks
- Data Breaches in the 21st Century: A Call to IRP Action
- California’s New Sweeping Data Privacy Law: What PEOs Need to Know