NAPEO’s White Paper series aims to help the general public and small business owners better understand the economic impact and value of the PEO industry and the ways working with a PEO can help businesses grow and thrive.
Our white papers have shown that:
- Businesses in a PEO arrangement grow 7-9 percent faster, have 10-14 percent lower turnover, and are 50 percent less likely to go out of business.
- PEOs are able to offer a broad array of HR services at a lower cost, and offer access to retirement plans to small business that may not otherwise sponsor them.
- PEOs provide services to 175,000 small and mid-sized businesses, employing 3.7 million people.
- There are 907 PEOs in the United States.
- The total employment represented by the PEO industry is roughly the same as the combined number of employees for Walmart (United States only), Amazon, IBM, FedEx, Starbucks, AT&T, Wells Fargo, Apple, and Google.
- The PEO industry’s 175,000 clients represent 15 percent of all employers with 10 to 99 employees.
- Administrative costs are around $450 lower per employee for businesses that use a PEO.
NAPEO’s White Papers are available for download below, or via our Print on Demand Portal, where customizing options are available.