All NAPEO members are asked to read and acknowledge that they support the Code of Ethics before completing their membership application.
- Members shall recognize that they must serve the public and their clients with the utmost professional conduct. In this respect, a member shall be honest, trustworthy, competent, and ethical when managing the affairs of a PEO, and endeavor to pursue the public interest above its own.
- Members shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. No member's business shall allow unlawful discrimination among its employees or clients on grounds of race, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or any other unlawful basis.
- Members shall remain informed on issues essential to the conduct of their business and seek the expertise of competent professionals when handling difficult questions or situations. Members shall pursue continuing education.
- Members shall assist and serve the best interests of their employees. Members are encouraged to cooperate with each other for the assistance of their clients and employees.
- Members shall assist in improving the public understanding of professional employer services. Toward that end, members shall neither disparage nor engage in conduct that could jeopardize the welfare of NAPEO or its members.
- Members shall use the fact of membership in NAPEO in a professional manner that is consistent with the Code of Ethics.